Tuesday 2 November 2010

An Unofficial Re-writing of "The Canonization" of John Donne by Sema Nur Ketenci

FOR God's sake hold your tongue, and let me love ;
    Or chide my palsy, or my gout ;
    My five gray hairs, or ruin'd fortune flout ;
With wealth your state, your mind with arts improve ;
        Take you a course, get you a place,
        Observe his Honour, or his Grace ;
Or the king's real, or his stamp'd face
    Contemplate ; what you will, approve,
    So you will let me love.




___________________________________________________


FOR God's sake hold your tongue, and let me show ;
    Or choke my throat, or my way;
    My fake ysl, or hallow pray;
With pirate cabs your state, your mind with fashion improve;
         Take you to starbucks, get you breakfast blends,
         Observe her big-bag, or her painted fence;
Or the cool girls jester, or her trends
      Contemplate ; what you will, approve,
      So you will let me show.

No comments:

Post a Comment